E.C.D. Automotive Design, award-winning automotive creator, continues its dominance with the delivery of Project Hard Drive. The client designed their vehicle from top to bottom at the Rover Dome in Kissimmee, FL and then returned to take delivery of their vehicle.
Keeping its classic heritage look on the exterior, the interior features an array of modern technology. The body is painted in a custom Cavalry Blue full gloss finish with a white roof. The white steel wheels and traditional grille give Project Hard Drive a heritage look. The interior includes luxury black carpet, Alpine infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, and ventilated and heated front and rear seats.
After the client spends as much time as needed to design their dream car, the building process happens. The build process begins in teardown and each vehicle is taken from its original design to the fully custom, client-requested truck as it moves through production. Project Hard Drive was upgraded with a new 5.3L LC9 V8 with a 6-speed automatic transmission. It was then upholstered and upgraded with Coja Rawhide and Supersoft Black leather and ventilated and heated seats in the first and middle row. The client requested seats with a classic, simple horizontal brown stitching to compliment the black headliner in the cabin.
For safety, Project Hard Drive features a full six-point roll cage with a roof rack and rear access ladder. Light upgrades include four roof-mount Hella Rallye LED spotlights which match the work light on the rear of the truck and LED lights all-around with LED puddle lights. The front of the vehicle is equipped with a black Air-con winch bumper with daytime running lights, and rubber end caps on the A-frame nudge bar.
Additional information on Project Hard Drive:
• Color: Custom Cavalry Blue full gloss finish with a Chawton full gloss white roof
• Wheels & Tires: 16″ White steel wheels with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A Tires
• Side Steps: SVX all black full checkered steps
• Exterior Accessories: Black steering guard, KBX wing tops
• Bumper: Black Air-con winch bumper with daytime running lights and rubber end caps and an A-Bar nudge frame
• Safety Device: Full external roll cage with Safety Devices full-length roof rack and rear access ladder
Lights: Four Hella Rallye spotlights and rear work light
• Seats: Heated and cooled Puma modular front seats, Puma middle row and two forward facing jump seats in the third row (comfortably seats seven with 60/40 fold-down middle row)
• Leather color: Coja Rawhide and Supersoft black leather
• Seat Design: Horizontal stitching
• Stitch Color: Brown
• Electronics: USB’s in the front and rear, Alpine infotainment system, in-car WI-FI, and three button garage door opener
• Steering Wheel: Wooden NRG ST-065
• Gauges: Classic series
• Accents: Metal handles, lock pins, cup holders, and rear upper grab handles
• Additional: Black Luxury carpet throughout, LED lights throughout the interior
© 2018 ECD Automotive Design. All images are the property of ECD Auto Design and cannot be used without our consent. E.C.D. Automotive Design is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Jaguar Land Rover Limited, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. DEFENDER and RANGE ROVER are registered trademarks of Jaguar Land Rover Limited.