ECD Auto Design takes great pride in building some of the most unique vehicles on the market. If you decide to purchase a custom rebuilt Defender from us, you can expect to stand out from the crowd. Your truck will reflect your unique style and personality and turn every drive into an exciting one.
Since our vehicles are truly one-of-a-kind, we’ve decided to compile this exciting list of six fun facts. Once you read it, you’ll understand exactly what makes ECD Auto Design and the trucks we build so special.
1. Our founders have been surrounded by Land Rover Defenders since they were young.
ECD Auto Design founders, Tom, Elliot, and Scott grew up in England, only 40 miles from the famous Lode Lane factory where Land Rover defenders were produced. Ever since they were children, they used these rugged vehicles to do farm work and get around. The love these men feel for Defenders is heartfelt and personal.
2. A nine-step build process brings each custom built Defender to life.
- Our custom builds follow a comprehensive nine step build process that includes the following stages:
- Tear down
- Fab up
- Drive train
- Body assembly
- Quality checks
3. Each custom built Defender undergoes four major quality checks.
- Here at ECD Auto Design, quality is our top priority. That’s why each and every rebuilt custom Defender goes through not one, but four all-encompassing quality checks. Glenn, our Production Manager, will start by performing a 272-point inspection.Once he’s worked his magic, a third party inspector will conduct a 200-point inspection. Then, Sergei, our Quality Control Lead will do his quality examination. Lastly, Buddy will spend an entire day driving the vehicle in order to simulate everyday driving behavior and confirm that the truck is good to go.By the time the finished vehicle is delivered to you, every single part of its engine, exterior, and interior have all been thoroughly inspected and re-inspected. That’s how we can we can stand behind our custom builds with 100% confidence.
Our trucks are available in a wide variety of colors.
- ECD Auto Design customers are not limited to a few neutral colors such as black or white. In fact, every one of our colors is a unique shade that you’d never find on a standard vehicle. If you opt for one of our exciting trucks, you’ll be able to choose from a wide variety of paint colors including:
- Fuji White
- Oarkney Grey
- Corris Grey
- Firenze Red
- Montalcino Red
- Loire Blue
- Arles Blue
- Olive Green
- Aintree Green
- Santorini Black
- Yulong White
- Marina Black
- Barolo Black
- Deep Gold
And if none of those shades suits you, or you have something special in mind you’re trying to match, we’ll hand mix a custom color just for you!
5. Every component of our trucks is customizable.
- When we say that every component of our trucks is customizable, we mean it. Rather than only being able to select your paint color as in a typical production vehicle, you’ll have the opportunity to choose virtually every component including your truck’s body style, drivetrain, wheels, tires, accessories, interior style, and textures. Even the type of stitching on the interior upholstery can all be chosen by you. It doesn’t get more custom than that!
6. Our vehicles are proudly manufactured in the United States.
- Our vehicles aren’t produced in some other country to save money on labor costs. The way we control quality and are able to offer a level of customization no other company can is by doing everything ourselves here in the U.S.Our vehicles are meticulously built at Rover Dome, which is our state-of-the-art, 21,000 square foot facility in Orlando, Florida or at our new West Coast facility in Malibu, California.If you’re intrigued by ECD Auto Design and our incredible trucks, you owe it to yourself to reach out to us today for more information. Call us at (407) 483-4825 or send an email to email@example.com.